Welcome:

Welcome to my world..............

Sunday 12 August 2012

Reed-bed goodies

I make no apologies for yet another visit to Staveley; it really is a magical place, if hard work.  Having done the woodland end last week, it had to be the reed-bed end this time.  I was rewarded with a new macro, a Butterbur,  a scarce moth nationally, the Yorkshire population of some importance.
Butterbur
In addition, a reasonable selection of reed-dwelling species made the visit worthwhile, with a hat-full of Limnaecia phragmitella, Calamatropha paludella, Southern Wainscot, Bulrush Wainscot, Silky Wainscot and Fen Wainscot.
Slender Pug

Rosy Minor

Brown-veined Wainscot
Lastly, here is a selection of the very variable species Epinotia nisella, some of which had me excited for a while until I realised they were the same species.





No comments:

Post a Comment